Wild Mushroom Sauce
Enjoy this tasty wild mushroom sauce.
- ½ cup white wine
- 200ml chicken stock
- 100ml double cream
- 1/3 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tbsp brandy
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Add wine and mushrooms to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and leave to soak until cool, about 20 minutes.
- Strain and reserve the wine. Press the mushrooms with a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
- Return the wine to the pan and pour in the stock. Bring to a boil until reduced by half – about 15 minutes.
- Pour in the cream, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until reduced by half again – about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the mushrooms. Heat butter in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms until golden.
- Add the brandy and sizzle briefly. Then, squeeze in lemon juice. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Stir the mushroom mixture into reduced cream sauce, then season to taste!