Homemade Potato Crisps
A perfect pairing with any steak!
- 4 unpeeled Yukon gold or russet potatoes
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Flaky sea salt to garnish
- Oil for frying
- Prep ice water and add the salt. Cut potatoes into very thin slices and add them to the ice water to soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, place on paper towels and pat dry. In a small bowl, combine the spices and set aside.
- In cast-iron or a heavy skillet, heat 1 in. oil to 375° Fahrenheit. Fry potatoes in batches until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain. Immediately sprinkle with spice mixture and garnish with flaky sea salt. These are best stored in an airtight container.