Sautéed Wild Mushrooms
- 16 ounces Wild Mushrooms (Chanterelles, Oyster, Enoki, Maiitake, Portabello, and/ or Baby Shiitake)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh thyme and oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or butter)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Wipe your selection of mushrooms, then slice them. Chop the fresh thyme and oregano.
- In a sauté pan or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for
- 2 minutes, stirring often (the mushrooms will start to release their liquid at this point).
- Add the herbs and kosher salt and pepper and cook another 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is cooked out and the mushrooms are tender. (Taste to assess doneness.)
- Turn off the heat and add lemon juice and stir. Taste and add another pinch salt as necessary