Ribeye: steak frites with black garlic truffle butter and grilled asparagus
¾ teaspoon black truffle salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
3 black garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon truffle zest
Black Truffle (finely minced)
1½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs (any combination or parsley, oregano, basil, rosemary, etc)
- 4-6 russet potatoes sliced into strips
- Oil for frying
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley leaves
Black Garlic Herbed Truffle Butter
Add all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse for 3 times in 5 second increments. (or by hand)
After the third time, scrape down the bowl and pulse against for 10 seconds.
Continue to pulse in increments, scraping the bowl down each time, until the roasted garlic has broken up in small bits.
Transfer the butter to a small bowl or roll log in plastic wrap for compound
Serve immediately or cover the bowl and refrigerate.
How to Cook a Ribeye
- Remove thawed steak from the packaging.
- Pat dry and lightly oil both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add diced garlic and cook until fragrant – around 30 seconds.
- Cook ribeye, undisturbed, for 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook an additional 3 minutes on the second side.
- Keep flipping, an additional one minute on each side, until the internal temperature reaches 135°F.
- Remove from heat and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer or pot to 300°F. Add prepared potatoes to a container and fill it with cold water. Submerge the potatoes in the water for 10 minutes.
- Move the potatoes in the water to get off some of the starch. Then, strain and rinse well with cold water for 3-4 minutes.
- Let the potatoes dry. Then add it to your hot oil and cook for 3 minutes. Make sure to move them around after 90 seconds!
- Remove the fries and turn up the oil to 350°F. Add a few handfuls of the pre-fried potatoes to the oil and cook for 5-6 minutes or until crispy and browned on the edges. Cook longer for a crispier fry.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a bowl and toss with salt and parsley. Now, they are ready to serve with your Ribeye!