Gundagai | Boneless Lamb Leg
Free Range | 7.5 lbs | GLQ5+
Highest Quality + Best Tasting Lamb
- Boneless lamb leg is medium to large and impressive cut that comes from the back haunches of the animal.
- Gundagai Lamb’s boneless lamb leg is carefully curated to deliver maximum flavor and quality.
- The boneless netted roast feature ensures that your lamb retains moisture and guarantees even cooking for consistent tenderness.
- Ideal for grilling, roasting, or braising, this lamb leg is a versatile ingredient that can add depth and complexity to any recipe.
- Add this versatile and luxurious ingredient to your weekly meal plan and discover a world of new taste sensations.
- Each lamb is graded for the perfect balance of mouth-watering intramuscular fat and just the right amount of tender lean meat.
- For the first time, objectively measures the overall health and well-being of each lamb. Only the healthiest lamb gets labeled as Gundagai
- GLQ 5+ means more delicious lean meat with the perfect amount of fat for tender flavor — no excess wasteful fat.
- Take the lamb out of the fridge 1 hour before cooking. This will help it reach a higher temperature faster rib the oven and develop a more tender eating experience.
- Rub the lamb leg generously with kosher salt and black pepper. These cuts also do great with a seasoning or a rub to increase flavor
- Broil in the oven for 5-7 minutes on each side until it is a consistent color.
- For a medium cooked lamb, roast on the middle rack of the oven until you have reached desired doneness. Your meat thermometer should read 130 degrees.
- Make sure to let the lamb rest for about 15-20 minutes before serving.
- For an unexpected wine pairing, consider a dry rosé with your bone-in lamb leg. A quality rosé will have the acidity and tannins needed to stand up to the bold flavors of the lamb, while its fruity and floral notes will add a touch of elegance to the meal.
- Another great option is a bold and spicy Zinfandel. The wine's bold flavor profile and smoky undertones make it an excellent choice for a rich, hearty meal like lamb.
About Gundagai Lamb
This lamb is truly a cut above
Gundagai is obsessed with knowing as much as they can about the quality of the food they produce and consume. Their new technology allows them to accurately measure the Lean Meat Yield, Intramuscular Fat (think delicious marbling) and Animal Health of all Gundagai Lambs.
They grade each lamb on the perfect balance of mouth watering intramuscular fat and just the right amount of tender lean meat. And for the first time, they are able to objectively measure the overall health and well-being of each lamb. The healthier the lamb? The higher the grade. They never settle for anything less than the highest quality and best tasting lamb, and neither should you.