Cape Grim Pasture Raised Chateaubriand
Grass-Fed | 4lbs | MB4
A highly prized cut with superior flavor and tenderness.
Tender Whole Chateau (or Chateaubriand) is a large cut of meat that comes from the center part of a beef tenderloin. It’s a truly decedent and exquisite cut.
Our Chateaubriand cut boasts a melt-in-your-mouth texture that’s teeming with the robust, beefy flavors only a high-quality piece of meat can deliver. As it's taken from the tenderloin, this cut is inherently lean and tender, promising a delectable dining experience every time.
Similar to filet mignon, this cut hails from the most tender part of the cow. The true difference is in size.
Chateaubriand embodies the qualities connoisseurs look for in a cut of beef: succulence, flavor intensity, and tender texture. Perfect for special occasions or a luxurious weekend treat, our pasture-raised Chateaubriand is sure to leave a lasting impression.
A Cut Coveted By Chefs
Experience the refined flavor of our Chateaubriand, a luxury cut from the tenderloin of pasture-raised cattle. This exceptionally tender and juicy cut of beef is considered one of the finest dining experiences by chefs worldwide.
- Whether you decide to grill or oven roast it, it's all about letting this exceptional cut shine. Season it lightly with salt and pepper, then sear it on all sides to lock in the flavors.
- For a perfect medium-rare, roast in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rest the meat for about 10 minutes before serving to let the juices distribute evenly, ensuring the meat is juicy and tender.
- Chateaubriand’s rich flavors and velvety texture pairs excellently with bold red wines. We recommend the classic Bordeaux or a rich Cabernet Sauvignon. Their firm tannins balance the fatty, juicy character of this exceptional beef cut.
- For a smoother option, you can also consider a velvety Merlot, which also provides a pleasing contrast with its fruity, plush notes.
About Cape Grim
Tasmania is known for its unspoiled wilderness and remarkable beauty.
The island’s remote nature combines with Southern Ocean swells and whipping winds at Cape Grim to produce the purest air and rain on earth.
The cape’s abundant precipitation also produces rich pastures overseen by ranchers committed to sustainable, ethical practices. The result? A superior source of tender, marbled, premium-grade beef from cattle that have never ever been fed hormones, antibiotics or GMOs - just pure air, clean water and pristine pasture.
Cape Grim Beef is entirely grass-fed and guaranteed to be tender, juicy and full flavored compared to other beef. Better yet, as required by Tasmanian law, it is completely free of hormone growth promotants.
With lungs full of clean air and bellies filled with the region’s superior pasture, Cape Grim’s British breeds of cattle have earned their reputation for producing premium-grade beef, sought after by butchers and chefs who have built their careers on choosing the best products and letting quality speak for itself.