Black Opal Wagyu Zabuton Steak
Wagyu | Barley-Fed | 12 ounces | MB6-7
Experience F1 Australian Wagyu
This Zabuton Steak is a premium cut from F1 Australian Wagyu, renowned for its delicate marbling, tender texture, and robust flavor.
F1 Australian Wagyu is a hybrid breed combining the traits of Wagyu and Angus cattle, resulting in exceptional tenderness and depth of flavor.
Zabuton Steak is named after the Japanese word for cushion, reflecting its marvelous, pillow-soft tenderness.
This exquisite piece of meat boasts an impressive marble score of 6/7, which provides an intense, rich flavor and superb juiciness.
Cut from the chuck flap, a section of the beef that's highly regarded in Asian cuisine for its extraordinary fat marbling and umami flavor.
A Zabuton Steak is a newly popular cut that promises a luxurious dining experience.
Ideal for grilling, this versatile cut of beef can be expertly prepared using a range of cooking techniques. With every bite, enjoy a profound flavor profile that balances the Wagyu's signature richness with a robust beefy taste.
Also Known As
- Denver Steak
- Chuck Under Blade Steak
- Best grilled or pan-seared using a hot surface.
- Make sure steaks are completely thawed before cooking
- Allow steaks to sit 30-40 minutes to assume room temperature
- Rub the steak all over with a light coating of olive oil. This will help prevent it from sticking to the grill.
- Season generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. If you choose, add garlic, rosemary, and thyme for additional flavor.
- Once the grill is preheated, place the steak on it and sear each side for 2-3 minutes. This will give it a flavorful, crisp crust.
- Reduce the grill's heat to medium or low, or move the steak to a cooler part of the grill. Close the grill and let the steak cook for about 10-15 minutes more, flipping once.
- Once cooked, let the steak rest for 5-10 minutes. This lets the juices redistribute, resulting in a moister, more flavorful steak.
- Slice against the grain and serve. This makes the steak easier to chew and helps it stay juicy.
- A medium-bodied Merlot with flavors of red fruit, herbs, and a touch of spice pairs wonderfully with Zabuton Steak. The wine's smooth tannins complement this rich, tender cut.
- A full-bodied Malbec can be a good match for a Zabuton Steak, as its plum and dark cherry notes complement the rich flavor of the beef. The wine's bold tannins also stand up to the marbling in the cut, creating a balanced pairing.
Black Opal F1 Wagyu
Black Opal’s cattle are raised on Victoria and Tasmania’s pristine pastures before spending 380 days on grain creating a rich, buttery flavor and superb texture.
The entire Black Opal process, from breeding to processing guarantees the consistent supply of Australia’s finest Wagyu, all year round. Its rich, buttery flavor and melt-in-the-mouth texture is a truly luxurious eating experience.
- Wagyu F1 Angus Cross
- Minimum 380 Days on Feed
- Bred in Victoria and Tasmania
- Fed in Victoria and Southern NSW
- No Added Hormones
- Sustainably Raised