The Best Meat Possible. Now Delivered.
High Quality. Humanely Raised. The Best Beef. All delivered to your door.
What Are the Benefits of Eating Grass Fed Beef?
Eating grass-fed beef offers a range of benefits that extend beyond taste, touching on health, nutrition, and environmental sustainability. Below are some key advantages.
Rich in Nutrients:
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Grass-fed beef is higher in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for heart health, brain function, and reducing inflammation.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA): Grass-fed beef contains higher levels of CLA, a type of fat associated with various health benefits, including reduced body fat and improved metabolic health.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Grass-fed beef tends to have higher levels of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin E, beta-carotene, and certain B vitamins.
Leaner Fat Profile:
- Grass-fed beef is often leaner compared to grain-fed beef, making it a suitable choice for those aiming to reduce overall fat intake or maintain a leaner diet.
Lower in Saturated Fat:
- Grass-fed beef generally has lower levels of saturated fat, which is associated with a decreased risk of cardiovascular diseases when consumed in moderation.
No Antibiotics or Hormones:
- Cattle raised on a grass-fed diet are typically not exposed to antibiotics or growth hormones, contributing to a more natural and environmentally friendly farming approach.
- Grass-fed beef production is considered more environmentally sustainable. The animals graze on pastures, contributing to healthier soil, biodiversity, and reduced reliance on intensive agricultural practices associated with corn-fed beef.
Improved Omega-6 to Omega-3 Ratio:
- Grass-fed beef tends to have a more balanced ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids, promoting a healthier balance that aligns with recommended dietary ratios.
Better Animal Welfare:
- Grass-fed cattle often graze on open pastures, allowing for a more natural and humane environment compared to the confined conditions in some feedlots. This can be seen as a more ethical and animal-friendly farming practice.
Reduced Risk of Antibiotic Resistance:
- The limited use of antibiotics in grass-fed cattle helps mitigate the risk of antibiotic resistance, a growing concern in public health.
Improved Taste and Texture:
- Many individuals find that grass-fed beef has a distinct and more robust flavor compared to grain-fed beef. The meat may also have a firmer texture.
Support for Sustainable Agriculture:
- Choosing grass-fed beef supports sustainable farming practices that focus on rotational grazing, which can improve soil health, reduce erosion, and contribute to a more resilient agricultural ecosystem.
While grass-fed beef offers numerous benefits, it's important to note that individual preferences, dietary needs, and ethical considerations may influence a person's choice of meat. As with any dietary decision, moderation and balance are key components of a healthy and sustainable approach to eating.
What We Deliver
From the lush pastures of Tasmania and southern Australia come the finest quality hand-selected beef the world over.
Wholesome grass and barley-fed beef, tender and rich in flavor.
We deliver to your door on your schedule, you can cancel anytime, and shipping is free.
How It Works
We make it simple to access the best beef on the market
1. We Source
Our longstanding relationships with Australian farmers provides Herd & Grace unique access to world class proteins. We trace the origin of every single cut back to the idyllic pastures it came from - surpassing the Australian MSA grading system, which is the most stringent and demanding in existence.
2. You Choose
Choose from expertly curated boxes, premium individual cuts, or create your own customized box. Pick a frequency of delivery from monthly to twice yearly. You can easily update these choices online anytime, at your convenience.
3. We Deliver
We ship out orders every Wednesday and employ a cut-off of noon PST on Tuesday to determine that weeks batch. Products are shipped frozen with insulation, dry ice, and ice-packs to keep the products safe and delicious while in transit up to 72 hours.