Campo Grande Ibérico Pork Pluma
Free Range | 4 oz | Ibérico Pork
- A wing-shaped cut just above the shoulder, pluma is tender with exceptional marbling.
- One of the most popular cuts from the Iberian pig, pluma is a delicate and tasty cut.
- The pluma rose to fame a few years ago when butcher shops and high-end restaurants began including it in their menus.
- This cut has high levels of oleic acid, a type of fat that is similar to olive oil which can raise the levels of good cholesterol in your blood.
- Let the nutty, umami, flavor of this cut shine through with a little bit of salt and pepper. It's sure to bring a statement to your table.
- This part of the pig is so versatile and juicy that it can be prepared in multiple ways. To appreciate the unique texture of the meat, simply grill or broil it.
- All you need to do is add a little coarse salt and you will have a simple, easy recipe that will delight your guests.
- You can also roast this cut and accompany it with sweet marinades. Think about including ingredients such as honey and mustard.
- A Fino, Manzanilla or a light Amontillado all have a clean refreshing flavor. These dry, highly alcoholic wines, will contrast with the salty complexities of the acorn-fed Ibérico, creating a delicious pairing.
Campo Grande Ibérico Pork
Campo Grande's Ibérico pork is the perfect example of attention to genetics, lifestyle, and diet creating incredibly marbled cuts. They source directly from humane family-owned farms in southern Spain that never use gestation or farrowing crates, nor antibiotics or hormones.
These rustic Slow Growth black-hoofed hogs are free-range and live twice as long as their industrial counterparts. Their 100% vegetarian diet hinges on nuts and grasses, which makes for multilayered flavor and off-the-charts marbling.