Campo Grande Ibérico Pork Abanico
Free Range | 18-25 oz | Ibérico Pork
- Abanico is a premium cut of Iberico that contains the perfect balance of fat and fibers. If cooked correctly, it will be very crispy yet tender with a rich, nutty flavor.
- Like the other cuts of Iberian pork, the Abanico has great health benefits for humans.
- Iberian pigs grow freely in the pastures and feed on grass and acorns. Thanks to their physical activity and type of food, Iberian pork is healthier and boasts a rich, complex flavor.
- No matter what recipe you choose, remember that all cuts should be left out of the fridge at room temperature. This allows the meat to quickly reach a higher cooking temperature and creates a more tender cut.
- Utilizing a grill is the easiest way to prepare Abanico pork. The cut will be crispy and full of flavor.
- Brush the cut with olive oil and season with salt flakes, pepper, and aromatic herbs. As this cut is thin, it cooks quickly.
- Finally, serve with your favorite garnish. The Abanico has such a powerful flavor that it goes well with everything. From traditional rice dishes to risottos and rice stews.
- The succulent marbling and intense flavor profile of this premium cut call for a wine that can complement its unique qualities. Opt for a full-bodied red wine, such as a robust Rioja or a bold Priorat, to match the intensity of the meat.
- To enhance the natural sweetness and nutty undertones of Abanico Ibérico pork, opt for a medium-bodied red wine with balanced acidity such as Tempranillo or Grenache.
Campo Grande Ibérico Pork
Campo Grande's Ibérico pork is the perfect example of attention to genetics, lifestyle, and diet creating incredibly marbled cuts. They source directly from humane family-owned farms in southern Spain that never use gestation or farrowing crates, nor antibiotics or hormones.
These rustic Slow Growth black-hoofed hogs are free-range and live twice as long as their industrial counterparts. Their 100% vegetarian diet hinges on nuts and grasses, which makes for multilayered flavor and off-the-charts marbling.