Pure Black Barley-Fed Angus Beef Outside Skirt 12-14 oz
Barley-Fed | 12-14 ounces | MB4+
A hard to find butcher's favorite, reserved for upscale restaurants
- The outside skirt — unlike the more common inside skirt — is one of the most fervently sought-after cuts of beef, and is often available only in high end restaurants, not the local market. Outside skirt steak is sometimes referred to as a "butcher's cut" because it's a uniquely delicious cut that is difficult to find but hugely popular with beef experts.
- This cut comes from the section right under the rib primal, the Short Plate, which is known for having a higher fat content. This section is a source of delicacies such as Short Ribs, and is also the home of the Skirt Steak—a thin, flavorful cut that's excellent when marinated and seared over high heat. Opposite the Inside Skirt Steak, this cut is known for its robust flavor profile.
- The natural flavor and richness of outside skirt steak is elevated by the marbling inherent to this MB4+ rated beef. Sear each side and cook to medium rare on the grill for a cut that will melt in your mouth. Only 1% of all beef available in the U.S. possess this level of marbling and quality. Savor its beautiful tenderness and rich, beefy flavor.
- The outside skirt steak is without a doubt more flavorful than the inside. Both pack a hearty and robust beef flavor and appear very well marbled, but the inside skirt steak can be thin and chewy, while the harder to source outside skirt steak is thicker, more flavorful, and much more tender because it comes from an area of the cow that gets less exercise. Choosing the outside skirt steak instead of the tougher inside skirt steak helps ensure tender meat.
- The exquisite marbling in this cut compares favorably to the famed Ribeye.
- Skirt steak is a great choice for a marinade—with loose and open fibers and a thick grain, a marinade can really take hold and make for a memorable meal. Because it's so thin, you need to cook it over high heat to ensure that the outside is well browned by the time the interior is tender and juicy.
- Pairs beautifully with garlicky, savory, sweet, or citrus-y marinades that stand up well to and perfectly compliment the rich, buttery beef taste. A beautifully seared skirt steak is rich, well seasoned, juicy, and tender, and a vibrant sauce on top of the marinade plays off of it to create a memorable meal.
- Featuring innovative farming techniques, Wanderer cattle are grass-fed and free range and then finished with barley grain for a wealth of delicious marbling.
Lean and High in Protein
For a 4 ounce serving, skirt steak provides 30.6 grams of protein, 5.8 mg of iron, and 8 mg of Zinc
Also Known As:
• Fajita Meat
• Fajita Steak
• Place skirt steak in a shallow dish or plastic bag and marinate for 1.5-2 hours
• Place on a hot grill or heavy skillet or pan and cook each side for 2-3 minutes until the inside is 130°.
• Carefully slice against the grain and at an angle before drizzling on any complimentary sauce. Serve immediately.
• Grilled | Pan Seared | Roasted | Broiled
The full-flavor of a marinaded skirt steak paired with a dry, full-bodied, rich, and darkly fruity Malbec or an oaked, sweet, full-bodied Pinot Gris is an unforgettable treat.
About Pure Black
Pure Black Barley-Fed Angus delivers a new standard in luxury through superior marbling & unrivaled tenderness. It features a premium Black Angus cattle breed, pristine pastures, and no added hormones.
Working directly with dedicated farmers across southern Australia, Pure Black starts with careful cattle selection. They know exactly where our cattle are from and how they have been bred.
Pure Black Angus cattle are peacefully raised on some of the world’s best pastures and once ready, are finished with a custom barley ration.
Angus are known throughout the world for their ability to consistently produce the finest high quality beef. The superior meat quality of Angus cattle comes from their ability to lay down intra-muscular marbling during the finishing phase, together with excellent tenderness, texture, flavor,
meat color and fat color.
Pure Black Barley Fed Angus Beef is guaranteed to be tender, juicy and full of flavor.