Wanderer Free Range Barley Beef MB4+ Filet Mignon 8 oz
Grass-Fed | 8 Ounces | MB4
The most tender beef cut — with melt-in-your-mouth texture and subtly delicate flavoring
- Looking for that perfect steak to celebrate a special occasion? These mouth-watering opulent cuts are ideal for anniversaries, birthdays, and romantic evenings.
- This Tasmanian Filet Mignon is prized for a refined buttery-soft texture, lean and succulent with a delicious mild flavor
- Virtually no connective tissue or fat, but what fat remains is extremely well integrated and high quality, making for a incredible taste.
- A delicate and subtle flavor with an elegant, compact shape — so fine-grained that you can cut it with a fork.
- Pairs well with wine based sauces, Tasmanian black truffles and herb or horseradish crusts, and compound butters.
- Literally translated from the original french, "Filet Mignon" means "cute, dainty, and tender fillet."
- This tender 8 ounce cut is rated an extraordinary MB4 score
Lean and High in Protein
A 4-ounce serving of filet mignon has approximately 255 calories, an outstanding 29 grams of protein, and only grams of fat.
It’s also a valuable source of iron, zinc, selenium and B vitamins.
Also Known As
• Filet Mignon
• Fillet Chateaubriand
• Tenderloin Filet
• Steak Tournedos (Tenderloin Tips)
• For the very best flavor, should be cooked with high heat methods such as sautéing, grilling or broiling.
• Best cooked on a heavy bottomed pan on the stove top or outdoor grill to emphasize its leanness and delicate nature.
• Because of their relative lack of interior fat, this cut cooks quickly.
• On the grill, some top steakhouses will rub a stick of butter on the warm steak as it cooks to help build a delicious crust. Given the lack of fat, some additional basting with butter at the end is a good idea.
• Because of its mild flavor, some people prefer to add herbs and garlic to the cut.
Best served medium to medium rare
Grilled | Pan Seared
• If simply seasoned, a light selection such as Pinot Noir
• If served with a thicker sauce, then opt for a Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Sangiovese
The combination of barley and a free-range South Australia environment strikes the perfect balance to produce year-round quality beef.
Wanderer's unique modern farming method achieves year-round quality and consistency in marbling and tenderness.
Enjoy the rich flavor of barley fed beef with the assurance of a natural and free range environment.
• Free range
• Certified Humane
• Unique farming method combining barley and a free-range environment
• No intensive feedlots
• Marble scores MB2-3 and MB4+
• Natural State Hanging Method (Hip Hung)
Renowned for delivering a rich, juicy eating experience, barley feeding brings superior marbling and tenderness to discerning food lovers around the world. All of this achieved without the use of intensive feedlots.
Wanderer cattle roam free in paddocks while also having access to barley through an innovative, mobile feeding system. This approach provides a relaxed environment with the highest animal welfare standards in mind.
The Wanderer Barley Beef program allows farmers to consistently supply high quality beef. Even in times when pasture may be affected by drought or seasonal changes, thanks to this combination approach.