Robbins Island Full Blood Wagyu MB9+ New York Steak 10 oz
Wagyu | Barley-Fed | 10 ounces | MB9+
Flavorful, Luxurious Steaks with a Potent, Beefy Taste
- From the legendary Wagyu breed of cattle, this New York Steak is unlike any you've every had.
- Graded the highest quality steak score MB9+, certifying it as the most premium steak available. This is comparable to a Japanese Wagyu A5 — without paying an exorbitant price. Call us biased, but we prefer the Tasmanian version - a taste that can only come from a peaceful life on a lush, pristine island paradise.
- Full-blood Tajima Wagyu cattle raised by the Hammond family on Robbins Island
- Experience ultimate world-class luxury as a result of their impeccable genetics, sustainable farming practices, and a pristine environment.
- Our Australian Wagyu has won multiple awards including the Gold Medals for Australian Wagyu Award for Branded Beef in 2020 and 2021. The best of the best!
- Cut from only the most prime, hand-selected, deeply marbled striploins for the ultimate steak experience. Perfect as individual steak — not too big and not too small, they feed one person generously.
- A tender cut which is juicy, rich, and flavorful
- This grass-fed cattle lives up to the highest standards of taste and tenderness
- Features a fantastic balance of marbling, taste complexity, and firmer tenderness. Enjoy a superior strip steak dinner — a heightened experience with every bite.
- Hand-trimmed and boneless — it's as beautiful on the plate as it is delicious.
- 10 ounce cut
Lean and High in Protein
A 4-ounce serving of New York steaks boasts approximately 155 calories, an outstanding 23 grams of protein, and only 6 grams of fat. It’s also an excellent source of iron, zinc, selenium and B vitamins.
Also Known As
• New York Strip
• Kansas City Strip
• Ambassador Steak
• Striploin Steak
• Best cooked on a heavy bottomed pan on the stove top or outdoor grill to emphasize its leanness and delicate nature.
• Because these are thinner than some other cuts, cooking on a medium hot grill should allow for a nice crust without over-cooking the
• Medium Rare is the goal.
• Cabernet Sauvignon is a classic choice to pair alongside a New York strip steak.
• With its robust, full flavor and oaky, fruity notes, the wine has high tannin levels, high acidity, and a high alcohol content — which team up to counter and compliment the fat of the steak.
Robbins Island Tasmanian Wagyu
The world's cleanest air.
Robbins Island is situated on the North Western tip of Tasmania, where prized cattle are grazed naturally and sustainably on lush pastures without supplements or hormones.
During the iconic seasonal musters, bands of local horsemen swim the cattle through saltwater channels at low tide to move them peacefully between grazing areas.
The cool climate, salt air, and pristine environment are ideal for naturally raising some of the most tender and best tasting beef in the world. These pastures provide the ideal foundation for nutrients prior to the cattle entering a grain-ration assisted program.
Fourth generation cattle farmers John, Keith, Alex and Chauncey Hammond have been breeding Wagyu on Robbins Island since the early 1990’s.
Robbins Island cattle are retained on pasture for at least two years before moving to supplemental grain finishing for consistency of marbling. The feed ration has been created with the animal’s natural diet in mind, incorporating a high ratio of grass fodder and kelp seaweed extract from nearby King Island to reflect and mimic the local flora.
Featuring Beef Marble Scores of 4-6 & 7-8 and 9+, the taste signature is an ideal combination of specific Wagyu genetics, a pristine environment, years of free-range, grass-fed living.
The herd is selectively bred to carry the elusive ‘soft fat’ gene, traditionally coveted by the Japanese for its lower melting points and buttery mouth feel. In Japanese, the concept of WAGYU translates to balance or peace. From Robbins Island, Tasmania, a unique taste - in harmony with nature.