Pure Black Barley-Fed Angus Beef MB5+ Tri Tip 28-32 oz
Barley-Fed |16 ounces | MB5+
This famed Central California delicacy packs a buttery, beefy taste that's incredibly tender to chew
- The tri-tip is a staple of Central California cuisine. This triangular cut from the sirloin is famous for its performance on the grill, especially when prepared on hardwood. Lean but exploding with flavor, this beef is often prepared using only salt and pepper and grilled to an ideal medium rare in Santa Maria, California, where it rose to prominence and is now an undisputed regional standout.
- Tri-tip steak is well-marbled, boneless, and fairly tender with a full flavor that is very similar to a prime sirloin. Thanks to its combination of tenderness with a generous degree of marbling, it is smooth and succulent, slicing up more like a brisket.
- Chefs love tri-tip thanks to its beautiful marbling, which suffuses this cut with a deep, rich, beefy flavor and an ideal marriage of beefy intensity with buttery richness.
- The tri-tip steak comes from the underside of the sirloin section, and is far less costly than a Ribeye cut while somehow still managing to be just as flavorful. Many consider the tri-tip the most underrated steak of them all, and the best value.
- "Tri-tip" is a reference to the unique triangular form of this cut.
- The full grain also makes tri-tip an excellent candidate for marinades and BBQ sauces.
- Having risen in popularity in upscale restaurants and BBQ joints, tri-tip is still a highly sought after, difficult to find cut in local markets, especially as you go east in the United States.
- Pure Black Barley-fed Angus delivers a new standard In luxury through superior marbling & unrivaled tenderness.
- A luxurious MB5+ marbling rating ensures unbelievable flavor and legendary tenderness.
A 4 ounce serving provides 29 grams of protein and 5.46mg of Zinc
Also Known As
• Bottom Sirloin Roast
• Newport Roast
• Santa Maria Roast
• Triangle Roast
• California Cut
• Triangle Steak
• Bottom Sirloin Tip
• Aiguillette Baronne (in France)
• Bottom Sirloin Butt
• Wonderful when seasoned with dry rub or marinated, then seared over a very hot grill.
• First sear over very high direct heat before then moving the cut and grilling over indirect heat.
• Essential step - the cut must be rested after grilling. Because tri-tip can be tighter if not properly rested, rest for at least a 10-15 minutes — to ensure that it's nice and tender before you slice it.
• Tri-Tip can also be reversed seared, but needs to be cooked quickly and at a higher heat than many other steaks in order to ensure that it emerges medium rare and tender. About ten minutes per pound at 450 degrees is the perfect amount of time for a juicy, flavorful final result.
• Use a meat temperature for the perfect, juicy finished steak.
• Again, resting is an essential piece of the puzzle. At least 10-1 minutes.
• Tri-tip steak is unique in that its grain changes direction, so to slice against the grain, you'll need to change your slicing direction halfway through the piece of meat. A fool-proof technique to achieve this is cutting the meat in half where the grains meat before slicing. This will make it easier to slice each piece against the grain and so you get tender, never-chewy meat.
• Tri-tip, unlike other beef cuts, can be paired well with both red and white wines.
• A Grenache from Spain or France, with it's high alcohol content and juicy fruit notes, pairs wonderfully with seasoned or marinaded tri-tip.
• A Chardonnay, with gorgeous golden hues and a sweet
and dry taste, is another excellent choice because its mild fruity
flavors won’t overpower the natural taste of the beef.
About Pure Black
Pure Black Barley-Fed Angus delivers a new standard in luxury through superior marbling & unrivaled tenderness. It features a premium Black Angus cattle breed, pristine pastures, and no added hormones.
Working directly with dedicated farmers across southern Australia, Pure Black starts with careful cattle selection. They know exactly where our cattle are from and how they have been bred.
Pure Black Angus cattle are peacefully raised on some of the world’s best pastures and once ready, are finished with a custom barley ration.
Angus are known throughout the world for their ability to consistently produce the finest high quality beef. The superior meat quality of Angus cattle comes from their ability to lay down intra-muscular marbling during the finishing phase, together with excellent tenderness, texture, flavor, meat color and fat color.
Pure Black Barley Fed Angus Beef is guaranteed to be tender, juicy and full of flavor.