Pure Black Barley-Fed Angus Beef Tenderloin MB5+
Grass-Fed | 8 Ounces | MB4
The most tender beef cut — with melt-in-your-mouth texture and subtly delicate flavoring
- Looking for that perfect steak to celebrate a special occasion? These mouth-watering opulent cuts are ideal for anniversaries, birthdays, and romantic evenings.
- This Tasmanian tenderloin is prized for a refined buttery-soft texture, lean and succulent with a delicious mild flavor
- Virtually no connective tissue or fat, but what fat remains is extremely well integrated and high quality, making for a incredible taste.
- A delicate and subtle flavor with an elegant, compact shape — so fine-grained that you can cut it with a fork.
- Pairs well with wine based sauces, Tasmanian black truffles and herb or horseradish crusts, and compound butters.
- Literally translated from the original french, "Filet Mignon" means "cute, dainty, and tender fillet."
- This tender 8 ounce cut is rated an extraordinary MB5+ score
Lean and High in Protein
A 4-ounce serving of filet mignon has approximately 255 calories, an outstanding 29 grams of protein, and only grams of fat.
It’s also a valuable source of iron, zinc, selenium and B vitamins.
Also Known As
• Filet Mignon
• Fillet Chateaubriand
• Tenderloin Filet
• Steak Tournedos (Tenderloin Tips)
• For the very best flavor, should be cooked with high heat methods such as sautéing, grilling or broiling.
• Best cooked on a heavy bottomed pan on the stove top or outdoor grill to emphasize its leanness and delicate nature.
• Because of their relative lack of interior fat, this cut cooks quickly.
• On the grill, some top steakhouses will rub a stick of butter on the warm steak as it cooks to help build a delicious crust. Given the lack of fat, some additional basting with butter at the end is a good idea.
• Because of its mild flavor, some people prefer to add herbs and garlic to the cut.
Best served medium to medium rare
Grilled | Pan Seared
• If simply seasoned, a light selection such as Pinot Noir
• If served with a thicker sauce, then opt for a Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Sangiovese
About Pure Black
Pure Black Barley-Fed Angus delivers a new standard in luxury through superior marbling & unrivaled tenderness. It features a premium Black Angus cattle breed, pristine pastures, and no added hormones.
Working directly with dedicated farmers across southern Australia, Pure Black starts with careful cattle selection. They know exactly where our cattle are from and how they have been bred.
Pure Black Angus cattle are peacefully raised on some of the world’s best pastures and once ready, are finished with a custom barley ration.
Angus are known throughout the world for their ability to consistently produce the finest high quality beef. The superior meat quality of Angus cattle comes from their ability to lay down intra-muscular marbling during the finishing phase, together with excellent tenderness, texture, flavor,
meat color and fat color.
Pure Black Barley Fed Angus Beef is guaranteed to be tender, juicy and full of flavor.