Cape Grim Pasture-Raised MB4+ Filet Mignon 8 oz
Grass-Fed | 8 Ounces | MB4
The most tender beef cut — with melt-in-your-mouth texture and subtly delicate flavoring
- Looking for that perfect steak to celebrate a special occasion? These mouth-watering opulent cuts are ideal for anniversaries, birthdays, and romantic evenings.
- This Tasmanian Filet Mignon is prized for a refined buttery-soft texture, lean and succulent with a delicious mild flavor
- Virtually no connective tissue or fat, but what fat remains is extremely well integrated and high quality, making for a incredible taste.
- A delicate and subtle flavor with an elegant, compact shape — so fine-grained that you can cut it with a fork.
- Pairs well with wine based sauces, Tasmanian black truffles and herb or horseradish crusts, and compound butters.
- Literally translated from the original french, "Filet Mignon" means "cute, dainty, and tender fillet."
- This tender 8 ounce cut is rated an extraordinary MB4 score
Lean and High in Protein
A 4-ounce serving of filet mignon has approximately 255 calories, an outstanding 29 grams of protein, and only grams of fat.
It’s also a valuable source of iron, zinc, selenium and B vitamins.
Also Known As
• Filet Mignon
• Fillet Chateaubriand
• Tenderloin Filet
• Steak Tournedos (Tenderloin Tips)
• For the very best flavor, should be cooked with high heat methods such as sautéing, grilling or broiling.
• Best cooked on a heavy bottomed pan on the stove top or outdoor grill to emphasize its leanness and delicate nature.
• Because of their relative lack of interior fat, this cut cooks quickly.
• On the grill, some top steakhouses will rub a stick of butter on the warm steak as it cooks to help build a delicious crust. Given the lack of fat, some additional basting with butter at the end is a good idea.
• Because of its mild flavor, some people prefer to add herbs and garlic to the cut.
Best served medium to medium rare
Grilled | Pan Seared
• If simply seasoned, a light selection such as Pinot Noir
• If served with a thicker sauce, then opt for a Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Sangiovese
About Cape Grim
Tasmania is known for its unspoiled wilderness and remarkable beauty.
The island’s remote nature combines with Southern Ocean swells and whipping winds at Cape Grim to produce the purest air and rain on earth.
The cape’s abundant precipitation also produces rich pastures overseen by ranchers committed to sustainable, ethical practices. The result? A superior source of tender, marbled, premium-grade beef from cattle that have never ever been fed hormones, antibiotics or GMOs - just pure air, clean water and pristine pasture.
Cape Grim Beef is entirely grass-fed and guaranteed to be tender, juicy and full flavored compared to other beef. Better yet, as required by Tasmanian law, it is completely free of hormone growth promotants.
With lungs full of clean air and bellies filled with the region’s superior pasture, Cape Grim’s British breeds of cattle have earned their reputation for producing premium-grade beef, sought after by butchers and chefs who have built their careers on choosing the best products and letting quality speak for itself.